The end of this semester means that this is the last [required] blog post. In the spirit of keeping one theme throughout the semester, I tried very hard to find something uncomfortable that I could write about. Long story short – I couldn’t.
So I’ve decided for my last post that I will pivot and make a summer reading list of books I would like to read, have read, or am making myself read purely for the sake of saying I have read them (you do it too, don’t lie).
Before I start listing, I need to post a disclaimer – I’m not very good at gauging an appropriate amount of books to put on a two to three month reading list. Do I list five or twenty-five? Is there some superhuman race that finishes a fifty book reading list in three months? (These are the questions that keep me up at night.)
Second disclaimer – I personally enjoy female written memoirs/autobiographies, so I apologize if your tastes are more masculine and this list somehow caused your estrogen levels to skyrocket.
Without any further ado, here
is the absolute best summer reading list on the internet are fifteen books I would like to read this summer.
1. Unfiltered – Lily Collins *
2. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? – Mindy Kaling *
3. Eat Pray Love – Elizabeth Gilbert ~
4. Life of Pi – Yann Martel *
5. Home – Julie Andrews ~
6. Blue Latitudes – Tony Horwitz *
7. Milk and Honey -Rupi Kaur *
8. The Jane Austen Book Club – Karen Joy Fowler *
9. The Princess Diarist – Carrie Fisher *
10. Waking Up – Sam Harris ~
11. I Am Malala – Malala Yousafzai *
12. The Sun Also Rises – Ernest Hemingway *
13. One More Thing – B.J. Novak *
14. The Sellout – Paul Beatty *
15. Under the Tuscan Sun – Frances Mayes *
~ Started but haven’t finished
* Want to read
If you want to read any of these, head over to your local library, or use the link below to shop thriftbooks.com – I kid you not I bought 7 books (in good condition) for $13! They have a massive selection and are constantly restocking. The link is below.